Pigeon Removal San Diego
Pigeons are common to Southern California. They often make nests in buildings and rapidly reproduce. Breeding occurs throughout the year, usually taking place between March and July.
Pigeons are messy birds that pose serious health issues. Pigeon feces cleanup and sanitization is one of Critter Gitters most popular service. We remove pigeons, no matter the quantity, and prevent future infestations. Bird spikes, netting, and even magnetic field devices are some of Critter Gitters methods of exclusion.
Identifying A Possible Pigeon Problem
Of course, the best evidence of a possible pigeon problem is seeing them with your own eyes. At night, you might hear “cooing” in your attic or crawlspaces. If you hear this, you have pigeons living in your home. Not only an annoyance that can keep you awake at night depending on their location, without experienced pigeon removal, pigeons can bring in a host of diseases and other health risks.
The Dangers & Risks Associated with Pigeons
Pigeons are well known for their second name, “rats of the sky.” They carry a variety of diseases that can make both humans and pets very ill. A pigeon’s droppings can eat the paint off a building and cause corrosion among other vital structural points. The build-up of their feces or nesting materials is not only an unsightly mess, but can bring with it dangerous parasites such as bird mites. Three human diseases are known to be associated with pigeon droppings: histoplasmosis, cryptococcosis, and psittacosis.
Without professional pigeon removal, a pigeon will become quite attached to its roosting area and can become very aggressive while defending its newly-claimed territory. It’s important to tackle this problem head on as soon as you see the signs. In the long run it will save you both time and money.
Pigeons & Your Business
If you own a business, improper pigeon control can cost your bottom line a lot of money. Critter Gitters provides cutting edge pigeon control service to many San Diego businesses including the San Diego Chargers, The Home Depot, Albertsons, and Best Buy. Visit our Referrals Page for more of our largest San Diego clients.
Here’s just a few ways pigeons can affect your business:
- Your Business’ Image — Pigeons above your business on a ledge or sign can leave droppings that cover your sidewalks, overhangs, and roofs. This sends a message to your customers that the business might be sloppy and is not to be trusted.
- Inventory Damage — Pigeon droppings can damage your products and contaminate entire production lines, depending on the location of pigeon infestation.
- Work Stoppages — Employees will not and should not work in areas that have been deemed unsafe due pigeon droppings.
- Damage of Property and Equipment — The acidity of pigeon droppings allows it to eat through everything from paint, wood, metal, and steel. Any surface that has been affected by pigeons will need to be assessed for restoration or complete replacement.
- Health Code Violations — On top of being unhealthy and unsafe for your employees and customers, pest bird droppings found in food processing plants, restaurants, storage facilities, or other areas may violate health codes, resulting in possible fines, legal action or even complete closure.
After a professional pigeon removal service is completed, a complete decontamination of the area is necessary. This includes the removal of pigeon feces, nesting materials, eggs, and any pigeon carcasses. Once all debris is removed, the entire area will be sanitized. Some companies might only offer Pigeon Removal, or Clean-Up Services. At Critter Gitters, we take care of everything!
Pigeon Removal/Exclusion/Clean-Up Services Include:
- Pigeon Traps
- Pigeon Spikes
- Pigeon Netting
- Pigeon Jolt Flat Track
- Pigeon Shock Track
- Pigeon Slopes
- Pigeon Wires
- Pigeon Gel Repellent
- Pigeon Spiders
- Visual Deterrents
- and much more!